Quebec Immigrant Investor Program Re-Opens May 29, 2017
By Marwa Badra | March 29, 2017
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) will be re-opening on May 29, 2017. This program allows qualified investors to achieve permanent residency in Canada.
Starting on May 29, 2017, The province of Quebec will accept 1,900 applications from prospective investor immigrants. Here are some notes on the program with information from the Quebec government:
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- Have, alone or with his accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least $1,600,000 CANobtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed;
- Have experience in management in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies;
- We define management experience as the exercise, for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties related to the planning, management and control of financial resources and of human or material resources under your authority; the experience does not include experience acquired in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma.
- Intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest $800,000 CAN with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program.
- The assessment of your application will also take into account other factors such as your age, the nature and duration of your professional training and your language skills.
Note that you can also secure financing from a financial intermediary for the $800,000 investment. Essentially, you would be paying the financial intermediary a non-refundable fee of around $220,000 dollars.
For more information on the Quebec program, watch this video with Marwa Badra, an investor immigration consultant with Pace Law Firm. Contact us to discuss how you can achieve permanent residency in Canada through the QIIP.